Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Marathon continues.....



I thought for a week to find an incredible topic other than our usual tarley's topic;)), finally I end up writing about my loved one (which is again highly discussed in third floor)...Ya its a tribute to Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar who is completing 20 years in cricket today, for his dedication,passion,devotion and his genuine Love for the country.20 god damn years,I cant even think of such a longevity by any cricketer with so much love and commitment.

This is just an insight to what Sachin is meant for billion fans out there. I am not writing here about his statistics or his records (there may be a millions of sites where u could find) but a little erudition about him as a person from his disciple's perspective.



I proudly say that I am one of the ardent fans of Sachin, my cricket watching career started with Sachin ;) and may end with Sachin's retirement as well. I still remember hw I came to knw about Sachin and hw this little genius became integral part of my life. I started following his matches when he went to a series in England in 1990.In those days Live cricket in DoorDarshan was just a dream and my father used to give me the cricket updates from news paper. Slowly I started following each of his score and his batting which actually took me to a level where I hate cricket when he gets out.



There must be something about this India's proudest possession which stands him top among all the cricketers (I am saying it again "among All the cricketers" :)), it’s not just his records or his batting style or his responsibility or the burden that he carries himself but his endeavor for betterment in each of his game (he said once "there is no shortcut for success"), his genuine love for the cricket and country and his humbleness. Despite his fame and success his feet are firmly grounded, when he speaks about cricket/country, he puts his heart out.The Greatness of Great ppl is they never say they r great. I read his wife Anjali's interview where she says "ya I know how much it affects him when he does well but still the team losses which induces a terrible devastating feeling in me thinking of Sachin’s emotions”. This shows what must have been going on in Sachin's mind when India looses.He just wants India to win at whatever condition.



Usually Sachin doesn’t show much of his emotion when India loses or wins but believe me he is one of the happiest man when India wins. Once Mangrekar said that when India lost a match, Sachin couldn’t control his emotions and locked himself in a bathroom for half an hour or so!!

For his followers Sachin is like "what Black for the blind, water for fish and for Bowlers he is tiger in the bush, a hidden dragon"
All the bowlers who got hit when he was young must have relieved now that they r thrashed not by an ordinary player but by a cricket God ;)



I have seen many ppl saying ‘ya Sachin's best is yet to come’,’ After a long time I am watching Sachin playing like his young days’, ‘when will he beat this Record’,’ When will he get us a world cup’,’ It’s the time for him to retire’. People never appreciate what is right in front of them, they put a blind mask
around them and search for something extraordinary. It’s delightful to see even a single shot from Sachin's bat. Wow!! the perfection, delicate balance and his confidence which he exudes when he executes a shot is just amazing which is getting better and better each day. I really pity for those who crib about his records or his match winning ability when they can’t enjoy the BEST which our generation is blessed with. Each of his blistering knock is a Chocó cake and his mind blowing shots add hot chocolate fudge over the knock ;).He usually brings an amazing smile on our face and makes our day when he is batting. That kind of influence he induces in our daily routine.


There is a quote in ‘Thousand splendid suns’
"One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roofs, or the thousand splendid suns that hide behind her walls."
— Saeb Tabrizi (explaining abt Afghanistan)
We have One little Sachin whose greatness can’t me measured and whose charisma equals thousand splendid suns.His contribution to the country put India in a commanding position in world map, made us feel proud about our country.A day may come when we miss his batting but the aroma he has put in our heart will remain forever.Till then watch the Cricket God himself in action :)




1 comment:

Pavan said...

They say "Commit all your sins when Sachin is batting,because even God is busy watching". Watching him play has been one of the best things in my life :)